Newcastle & Gateshead
Five creative practitioners will be selected to form the Programme Committee. They will be supported to develop a public programme at The NewBridge Project. Committee members will have the opportunity to get know one another, our context, and our experienced team; and will be nurtured to identify shared values, ways of working and to realise ideas in a public forum.
On the Programme Committee you will gain hands-on, tailored, practical and paid experience, including:
- £5760 committee fee
- A programme budget of £30,000 (up to £6000 per project or exhibition, to be agreed cooperatively with The NewBridge Project and the committee)
- Additional budget for access, travel, and marketing
- Regular programme meetings, facilitated by the NewBridge team
- Support to participate in a two-day workshop on 16 – 17 February to get to know one another, establish ways of working together, learn about exhibition making and The NewBridge Project’s context, develop confidence and begin to explore your shared programme ideas
- Support to participate in a short field trip, to see other shows and meet artists, curators, and organisers on 22 – 23 March
- Support to identify shared interests, your programme ideas, and frameworks for creating a series of shows/events together
- One-to-one support from The NewBridge Project’s experienced and supportive team, including how to manage the budget, commission artists, and host events (online and in-person)
- Access to The NewBridge Project’s resources, including its Reading Room and equipment
- Support with marketing and press for the committee’s programme
- Installation and technical support to realise your ideas
- Professional documentation of programme
- Access to a hot-desk space over a 15-month period.