Newcastle & Gateshead
The Office Administrator role is responsible for a range of administration and financial tasks within the Northern Print team.
Northern Print is a registered charity and over the last two years has used an external provider to maintain bookkeeping and produce management accounts using QuickBooks. This has been supported by one of our trustees with input from other staff members. The organisation is now seeking an individual to work within the staff team to act as a point of contact for our external providers and to maintain, review and improve a range of finance-related tasks within the organisation.
This role will be an integral part of a small, supportive team. It is expected that the successful candidate will also support some front-of-house tasks, provide some administrative support to the Director and Board of trustees, and assist with maintaining records and reports for funders.
With appropriate training and support Northern Print hopes to bring all financial management process in house over time. An independent audit will continue to provide end of year accounts.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain accurate records across a range of financial tasks including petty cash, expenses, credit card purchases and donations eligible for gift aid.
- Prepare invoices and monitor payments received.
- Arrange and record payments made by Northern Print and maintain records of project budgets.
- Oversee the administration of Northern Print’s bank accounts and other payment platforms including PayPal and Shopify.
- Prepare information for quarterly VAT returns.
- Acting as first point of contact for Northern Print’s external bookkeeper, payroll provider and accountant.
- Support the Director in preparing financial information for report to funders including preparing cashflow forecasts.
- Ensure insurance, utilities, licenses and supplier contracts are up to date and renewed as required (securing best value for money and where needed board approval).
- Support the staff team in maintaining accurate pricelists for materials and artworks or sale including ensuring the correct VAT is applied to a range of products and services.
- Support the administration of the board of trustees including filling for Companies House and the Charity Commission; notifications of board meetings and attending board meetings for the purposes of recording minutes. These meetings take place in the evening and are generally quarterly.
- Support the Director in maintaining records of staff hours worked and ensure holidays, sickness and other leave is properly managed.
- To deal with queries via email, telephone and in person. All staff share front of house duties which include some out of hours working.
- Any other duties appropriate to the role as requested.
- Excellent IT skills, including knowledge of excel and ability to input and extract data from the finance system.
- Experience of working in finance administration.
- Ability to work to time sensitive deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise tasks.
- Motivated, focused, and flexible.
- Good communication and team player.
- Problem solver, actively looking for ways to make things better.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.