Newcastle & Gateshead
The South Tyneside Cultural Partnership Group is a driver for arts and culture across South Tyneside. It is committed to delivering the ambitions of South Tyneside’s cultural strategy Making Waves and wider priorities for the area, inspiring and enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives.
Local Cultural Education Partnerships (LCEPs) support children and young people to fulfil their creative potential and access high-quality cultural experiences where they live, where they go to school, and where they spend their free time. Partners come together from across sectors, responding to local needs and interests, to drive a more joined-up cultural education offer, share resources, and improve the visibility of cultural education in their local area.
South Tyneside Local Cultural Education Partnership exists to strengthen networks, share intelligence, expertise, practice and resource, as well as build capacity through shared collaborative working.
The successful applicant will provide support across both the STCPG and STCEP to facilitate increased cultural engagement in South Tyneside. This role will support the monitoring and co- ordination of interventions which will be delivered via a successful UK Shared Prosperity Fund application along with key areas of development work for STCEP. The post will be a conduit to align the work of both partnership groups providing practical support for partners in the development and delivery of key cultural programmes.
The key areas of focus for STCPG linked to UKSPF interventions are volunteering, business/ social enterprise support, arts development, training and networking events. The key areas of focus for STCEP are teacher development, fundraising, youth voice and alternative provision.
- Support the coordination and collaborative working of South Tyneside’s Cultural Partnership Group and South Tyneside’s Local Cultural and Education Partnership.
- Support lead partners to develop their work in each of their specialist areas.
- Organise and provide practical administrative support for meetings including issuing invitations, booking venues, drafting agendas, taking minutes etc.
- Build connections with stakeholders and potential beneficiaries by forming productive relationships with cultural partners, schools, creative industry partners, and other groups as appropriate.
- Support the organisation of sector specialist events with cultural partners, sector leads and voluntary sector.
- Collate mailing lists to support the communication and growth of South Tyneside’s creative community.
- Support the coordination and administration of activity; overseeing dissemination of information that ensure aims and objectives are achieved.
- Track activity against key milestones and complete monitoring reports as required.
- Provide support for fundraising applications to ensure long-term sustainability.
- Monitor expenditure and report regularly to the STCPG/ STCEP against key areas of work/interventions.
- Coordinate monitoring and evaluation in line with relevant frameworks, collating data and sharing this with members and stakeholders, ensuring reports are produced and disseminated as necessary.
- Support the promotion of activities, events and interventions being delivered by STCPG/ STCEP.
The above list is not exhaustive and other duties may be attached to the post from time to time. Variation may also occur to the duties and responsibilities without changing the general character of the post.
Please download the person specification below.